Discover what's so special about VCU Internal Medicine
Our vision, mission and values guide the Virginia Commonwealth University internal medicine training program. The faculty, housestaff and I invite you to join us in our pursuit of academic excellence. As program director, my simple mission is to provide a high-quality graduate medical education in a supportive environment that is conducive to the growth and development of young physicians. I encourage you to learn about us, our state-of-the-art training facilities, our competency-based curriculum and our city of Richmond by exploring this site and contacting us directly for more information. We are proud of our graduates and our current trainees, and we look forward to continuing our tradition of excellent clinical training with future residents.
Stephanie Ann Call, M.D., M.S.P.H.
Program director, internal medicine training program
Residents in the VCU Internal Medicine Training Program are members of and contributors to an academic medical community in which there is a commitment to learning the art and science of medicine while providing the highest quality medical care to a diverse patient population.
- To produce compassionate physicians capable of delivering the highest quality medical care to patients in a variety of settings.
- To create a collegial and supportive setting for intellectual growth.
- To partner with our housestaff in contributing to the science of medicine through mentorship, research opportunities and dissemination of information.
- To contribute to the science and art of medical education through innovation in training methods.
- To partner with our housestaff in gracefully accepting the challenges of providing care to the medically underserved.
- To promote lifelong learning in the context of a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
Our housestaff and faculty are guided in our work by our commitment to:
- Clinical excellence
- Intellectual curiosity