Transplant Hepatology Fellowship
Welcome to the VCU Transplant Hepatology Fellowship Training Program website.
We are very proud of our city, university, program, faculty, and our trainees. The VCU medical campus boasts state-of-the-art clinical, research, educational, and simulation facilities. But, what makes the VCU experience so rich and the learning climate optimal is the supportive, experienced faculty and the collegiality of the fellows. We invite you to explore our website and learn more about what VCU has to offer you educationally. Throughout the site you will find perspectives from our fellows to give your insight into the VCU Transplant Hepatology Fellowship Training Program. We offer both the traditional 4th year program as well as offer participation in the ABIM Transplant Hepatology Pilot Program for select candidates.
Fellows in the VCU Transplant Hepatology Training Program are members of and contributors to an academic medical community in which there is a commitment to learning the art and science of medicine while providing the highest quality medical care to a diverse patient population.
- To produce compassionate physicians capable of delivering the highest quality medical care to patients in a variety of settings.
- To create a collegial and supportive setting for intellectual growth.
- To partner with our fellows in contributing to the science of medicine through mentorship, research opportunities and dissemination of information.
- To contribute to the science and art of medical education through innovation in training methods.
- To partner with our housestaff in gracefully accepting the challenges of providing care to the medically underserved.
- To promote lifelong learning in the context of a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
Our housetaff and faculty are guided in our work by our commitment to:
- Clinical excellence
- Intellectual curiosity
- Scientific Discovery