Endocrinology and Metabolism Fellowship
- Inpatient consult rounds with informal 1 to 1.5 hour didactic teaching session (five times weekly at the Medical College of Virginia (MCV) and four times weekly at Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Administration Medical Center (VAMC).
- At least one outpatient clinic (Endocrine Clinic) weekly with a 60 minute post-clinic conference at the conclusion of each clinic. At the VAMC fellows attend Lipid Clinic, Endocrine Clinic, Diabetes Clinic and Bone Clinic.
- All fellows must engage in a research project. A research mentor will be identified by the fellow or assigned by the Program Director within the first 4 months of training. Fellows are expected to develop an in-depth expertise in the research area, and to present their research findings at the divisional Research Seminar Series.
- All fellows will be trained in the performance of fine-needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB) of the thyroid gland. They are expected to perform FNAB whenever the occasion arises, and to keep a detailed log of procedures performed.
- Weekly Didactic Fellows Conference - Wednesday 7:30 - 8:30 AM.
- Weekly Endocrine Grand Rounds or Research Seminar Series on Wednesday afternoons from 4:30-5:30 pm. Fellows are expected to present every 4-6 weeks.
Click here for a Sample Rotation Schedule.