Endocrinology and Metabolism Fellowship
The goal of the two-year Fellowship Program is to provide an educational experience – consisting of a combination of didactic lectures, clinical exposure to patients, and research – that adequately prepares fellows to competently engage in the subspecialty practice of Endocrinology and Metabolism and to pass the ABIM subspecialty board examination. It will also adequately prepare fellows for further training in preparation of entering academia, recognizing that a minimum of three years of fellowship training is usually required for this.
We accept two fellows each year. Fellows have the option of completeling a third year for research.
- To train fellows to become compassionate physicians capable of delivering the highest quality medical care to patients with Endocrine problems.
- To create awareness of the daily challenges faced by patients with Endocrine disorders
- To create a collegial and supportive setting for intellectual growth
- To partner with our fellows in contributing to the scien ce of medicine through mentorship, research opportunities and dissemination of information
- To utilize innovative training methods.
- To promote lifelong learning in the context of a rapidly changing healthcare environment.